Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Mexico!

Hello my fine-feathered lovelies! I've returned from the land of the dry heat. By the way, they really do mean it when they call it that. I am used to my body reacting to heat by sweating. In New Mexico, you simply just.dry.out. You don't even realize you're hot until you want to fall down. It was scary at times, especially when that was combined with being 7,000 feet above sea level.

But I digress. Basically, my uniform there consisted of jeans, a white t-shirt, big glasses, and my red cowboy boots.


Unfortunately, this is about as fashion-forward as I got. I didn't leave myself enough time to pack and wound up wearing what looked like the same outfit every.single.day.

If you ever get to go to Santa Fe, NM, I suggest you RUN to the Palace of the Governors. Here, dozens of Native Americans come off their reservations to sell their wares - everything from jewelry to pottery to paintings. As I had mentioned, my goal was a turquoise ring.

I was NOT expecting the prices to be so high!! The tiniest ring (which would have the daintiest band and a turquoise the size of the eraser on a pencil) would run in the neighborhood of $70-90!! My husband had to convince me to buy this ring once he saw how much I loved it. I almost cried handing over the money, but every time I glance down at my hand today, I'm more and more in love.


(It's the ring in the middle.)

I promise more regular posts are coming. I'm still recovering from my jet lag. Hope you're all well!

No comments: