Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lucky Me! September 2008

On the recommendation of Miss Sara Millionaire, this is going to become a monthly feature in Wrapped In Pink.



Each month when my new issue of Lucky comes in the mail, I can barely even make it back to my chair before I'm furiously pawing through the pages, trying to get inspiration for the next big thing. When I got this month's issue in the mail, I think I literally squealed out-loud with joy. This baby is thick...as in close to 400 pages thick! Add that to the fact that it's chock-full of Fall fashion goodies, and I can tell that this is an issue I'm going to read until the pages fall out.

Like Sara, I go through each issue and gleefully tag any and every item that strikes my fancy. Now, 9 times out of 10, I couldn't even dream of affording the things in the magazine. What this does for me, though, is open my eyes to new ideas, and lets me know the kinds of items I want to keep my eye out for.

These were the items I tagged in the September 2008 issue:



1. Kenneth Cole Purse: I had to tag this whole ad because I loved it so much. Of course, the purse is what's getting me, though. I LOVE the distressed, gray leather and the huge zipper. It's the kind of bag that would go with everything, and seems perfect for the upcoming cooler months. I could see myself rocking this with some dark, skinny jeans, a unique t-shirt and some sky-high rocker shoes. I would link to the exact purse, but I think I'm blind because for the life of me, I just can't find it on the site!

2. Sam Edelman boots, "Karol", $199: I love these boots so much that I almost can't stand it! Sure, they wouldn't exactly go with my work outfits, but I think I'd wear these outside of work so much. The gray/silver leather is what's really getting me. I love the tough feel of these.

3. Express brand Leather Biker Jacket, $248: I've already decided that my main hunt this fall will be for a good biker jacket. I truly don't care whether it's real or faux leather, as long as it looks good. I just can't stop coveting one of these, and this Express jacket is the perfect style!

4. Jessica Simpson shoes, "Dover", $89: I couldn't pass by the ad for these shoes without immediately tagging them. I LOVE the texture of these, and the sky-high heel, peep-toe and slingback all add up to make these godly. The rich, vibrant purple hue doesn't hurt either.

5. Rough Roses studded belt, $105: I've been keeping my eye out for belts that are chic enough to be worn with the most conservative of work outfits, yet still have a bit of rock n' roll in them. This subtle studded belt would fit the bill perfectly. I could see myself pairing it with anything from a business-casual sundress to a denim miniskirt.

6. Anne Klein oversized watch, $75: Another item that I'm keeping an eye out is a thick watch. I love how this one has the chunky band, and the block of silver catches your eye.

7. Guess by Marciano Cowlneck top, $69: I love the v-shaped stripes on this top! The color palette is perfect, and the direction of the stripes would lead the eye to the middle, giving the illusion of a teeny, tiny waist.

8. Samantha Thavasa by Tinsley Mortimer Buckled Bag, "Alex", $570: I love the military aspects of this bag with the buckles and gold accents! I'm making it a mission of mine to find something similar...but minus the $570 pricetag. ;)


So fess up! What did you tag in this month's Lucky? Let me see!

14 comments:

Sara M. said...

I don't know how I missed that leather jacket! That's my main item on my fall list this year too (I can't believe I've gone this long without having one, especially taking into account my punk years). That one's a tad pricey, but I guess that's the amount I can expect to pay for a decent leather jacket unless I happen upon one at a thrift store (unlikely!). Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday...

Love those Jessica Simpson pumps. God, they're fantastic. I wish her line was just a touch cheaper.

Linda said...

There were actually two leather, biker jackets in this issue. One was Express and the other was Bebe. They were both horribly expensive.

There's no way in HELL I'm going to pay that much for a jacket, so I'm still looking. I'm sure that if I search hard enough, I can find one for less than that.

And YES with the Jessica shoes! Good quality, yes. $100 quality? Not always.

Richel said...

That leather jacket is tooo hot.

I missed you... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I missed you... said...

Nordstrom has a Halogen brand leather bomber for $198...slightly cheaper than the express one!

i NEED a lucky subscription!

Linda said...

Richel: I know!! It's killing me! ;D

Maria: That's definitely an improvement on the price. Wow, thank you for the recommendation!

Gabby said...

#4 is HOT. I love those shoes. I haven't actually ever read an issue of Lucky, which is kind of weird now that I think about it. Now I want to go pick one up :)

Linda said...

Gabby: Oh, Lucky is my go-to guide. I used to hate it since everything featured (for the most part) is so pricey, but it gives you some fab ideas.

Fashion Addict said...

You have a great blog and I was wondering if you would like to link up with mine, so please contact me when you have the time!

Shes Dressing Up said...

Great picks, I'm desperately searching for an affordable biker-style jacket but no luck s far :(!

Richel said...

haha, when I get my Lucky, I also go crazy with the tagging! I love your picks!

Linda said...

Fashion Addict: Why thank you! Yes, I have linked you!

ShesDressingUp: I'm having trouble on the biker jacket front, too. I know they're out there since, in the past, affordable chains like H&M and Forever 21 have come out with fantastic faux jackets for a reasonable price. I'm just waiting for the next chain to figure it out. ;)

Anonymous said...

I do like the Express leather jacket. I'm gonna have to check it out in person though. I have a really good coupon for there that's like 50 bucks off a 200 dollar purchase, so I'm considering using it for it! I just hate to buy real leather...

Have you gotten your Aldo's yet?

Linda said...

Ashley: NO!! I can't even tell you what a hassle this whole Aldo thing has been. Long story short, I ordered them to be transferred to a store near me two weeks ago...they were shipped a week and a half ago...no one knows where they are. *cries*