On the recommendation of Miss Sara Millionaire, this is going to become a monthly feature in Wrapped In Pink.
Each month when my new issue of Lucky comes in the mail, I can barely even make it back to my chair before I'm furiously pawing through the pages, trying to get inspiration for the next big thing. When I got this month's issue in the mail, I think I literally squealed out-loud with joy. This baby is thick...as in close to 400 pages thick! Add that to the fact that it's chock-full of Fall fashion goodies, and I can tell that this is an issue I'm going to read until the pages fall out.
Like Sara, I go through each issue and gleefully tag any and every item that strikes my fancy. Now, 9 times out of 10, I couldn't even dream of affording the things in the magazine. What this does for me, though, is open my eyes to new ideas, and lets me know the kinds of items I want to keep my eye out for.
These were the items I tagged in the September 2008 issue:
1. Kenneth Cole Purse: I had to tag this whole ad because I loved it so much. Of course, the purse is what's getting me, though. I LOVE the distressed, gray leather and the huge zipper. It's the kind of bag that would go with everything, and seems perfect for the upcoming cooler months. I could see myself rocking this with some dark, skinny jeans, a unique t-shirt and some sky-high rocker shoes. I would link to the exact purse, but I think I'm blind because for the life of me, I just can't find it on the site!
2. Sam Edelman boots, "Karol", $199: I love these boots so much that I almost can't stand it! Sure, they wouldn't exactly go with my work outfits, but I think I'd wear these outside of work so much. The gray/silver leather is what's really getting me. I love the tough feel of these.
3. Express brand Leather Biker Jacket, $248: I've already decided that my main hunt this fall will be for a good biker jacket. I truly don't care whether it's real or faux leather, as long as it looks good. I just can't stop coveting one of these, and this Express jacket is the perfect style!
4. Jessica Simpson shoes, "Dover", $89: I couldn't pass by the ad for these shoes without immediately tagging them. I LOVE the texture of these, and the sky-high heel, peep-toe and slingback all add up to make these godly. The rich, vibrant purple hue doesn't hurt either.
5. Rough Roses studded belt, $105: I've been keeping my eye out for belts that are chic enough to be worn with the most conservative of work outfits, yet still have a bit of rock n' roll in them. This subtle studded belt would fit the bill perfectly. I could see myself pairing it with anything from a business-casual sundress to a denim miniskirt.
6. Anne Klein oversized watch, $75: Another item that I'm keeping an eye out is a thick watch. I love how this one has the chunky band, and the block of silver catches your eye.
7. Guess by Marciano Cowlneck top, $69: I love the v-shaped stripes on this top! The color palette is perfect, and the direction of the stripes would lead the eye to the middle, giving the illusion of a teeny, tiny waist.
8. Samantha Thavasa by Tinsley Mortimer Buckled Bag, "Alex", $570: I love the military aspects of this bag with the buckles and gold accents! I'm making it a mission of mine to find something similar...but minus the $570 pricetag. ;)
So fess up! What did you tag in this month's Lucky? Let me see!