Thursday, January 29, 2009

WTF: Forever 21

This will be brief, but so it goes.

I was doing my normal daily browsing of the Forever 21 website. (Yes, I said daily browsing. When a good item pops up on that site, I've seen it sell out in one day! Gotta be on top of your game, man!) That's when I came across a new bracelet they're selling:



I have to admit that I had a complete "wtf??" moment when I saw this! Maybe I'm dating myself here, but back when I was in elementary school, the cool thing to do was to make these bracelets for your friends. You'd go to Michael's, spend $2.00 and leave with 10 different colors of braided string. They're STILL that cheap, too. I'm not sure how I learned to make these bracelets, but we all knew how to do it - some more elaborate than others.

Now, do we really need to buy these off of the Internet?? Please - go here and learn to make them yourselves. It's so much fun! Hell, I'm even going to re-learn this and make a gaggle of them for my friends.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Wow, people are paying good money for that? I LOVED making those!

Schmoo said...

I remember doing a bunch of these with plastic lanyard in camp each summer but I never really knew how to do more than just the basic box weave. :D

I guess they're just saying that now you can buy friends rather than make your own!

Linda said...

Corinne & Steph: I know! Isn't that insane? I just remember spending so much time as a kid making these that it's hard to believe they're selling them.

But yes, buy your friends. hahaha

ouyang said...

christian louboutin
boots
high heels
womens boots
heels
women's shoes
knee boots
women's boots
black shoes
boots shoes
new shoes
high boots
black boots
manolo
Chloe
christian
----------------------------------------------
christian shoes
manolo blahnik
giuseppe zanotti
miu miu
christian louboutin pumps
christian shoes spring 2010
salvatore ferragamo
jimmy choo
choo shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin pumps
manolo sale
blanhnik shoes
miu miu shoes
knee high boots
thigh high boots
knee high
pumps shoes
red shoes
brown shoes
leather shoes
louboutin size shoes
black leather shoes
leather shoes boots
designer shoes
women's sandals