Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Look: Plaid Scarf

Ages ago, a friend linked me to Stuff White People Like and I think I nearly fell over laughing my ass off. One thing stuck out to me:
Scarves
I am guilty.as.charged.

I pretty much have an arsenal of scarves in every color. Yes, I have a ton that are there to keep my neck warm when it's snowing, but most of them are there for fashion. I've noticed that some days when I'm feeling lazy, I can throw on a black t-shirt, jeans and a colorful scarf and feel instantly put-together. Do you have any accessories that do that for you??

The other day, Timm (my husband) surprised me with a new baby for my collection...and oh, I love her!



And something made me super happy the other day...
SNOW!!!!!!!!! It was snowing big, fluffy, gorgeous flakes for a while. Of course, being that I'm in Baltimore, this quickly turned into a big, fluffy mess. I was scraping 1/2" of ice off of my car this morning. Oh, Los Angeles...how I miss you!

8 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

Stuff White People Like is my favorite! I'm so guilty of so so many things! Scarves especially... Oh well, gotta love 'em!

Linda said...

I can't believe it took me so long to get into Stuff White People Like. It's HYSTERICAL! And oh yes, scarves are a loving addiction. ;)

Corinne said...

I saw the book Stuff White People Like at a Borders a few months ago and could NOT stop laughing! I love the site too, it's always a great source of entertainment!

I totally hear you on that ice. Ugh! It took me 20 minutes to clear off my car today. One of my crazy neighbors even attempted to "help" me by telling me that he was going to get some hot water to put on my windshield and break up the ice.

Heather said...

OMG, DON'T PUT HOT WATER ON YOUR COLD WINDSHIELD!!!!!! I live in New England (Mass) and that's cardinal sin number 1. My old landlord's roommate was originally from California and we saw him attempting to do this and we were like "are you TRYING to crack your windshield?"

Linda said...

Corinne: LOL!! Gotta love "helpful" neighbors! Why in the HELL would they suggest that?? So much fun. ;D

Heather: That's hysterical. I guess if I had NEVER dealt with snow or ice, that would sound like a probable solution, but being an East Coast gal from NJ then MD, I know my stuff. ;D

Corinne said...

Heather - Don't worry, I didn't let my crazy neighbor actually help me! I've seen what happens with hot water on a windshield, and it never ceases to amaze me that people REALLY think that's a good idea.

Linda - I guess he thought that since it had worked for him before without any repercussions, it would work for me the same way. After telling him no thanks, he proceeded to go clear off his own car with hot water. Lo and behold, the windshield on his car cracked! And if you read my LJ entry on this, I apologize if I repeated myself!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are freaking ugly. Like you really don't know how to do make up. Its a pathetic attempt and it is not working. You look really old and haggered. And you are not punk. You can try to act like it, but you are just a trend whore. Do us all a favor and change your look to something easier on the eyes.

Dannica Mauricio said...

I freaking love ur stuff and ur style:)